Tabernacle of David (Bendigo) is a Centre for Throne-room Worship
We are a Christian ministry whose foundation is to passionately love and worship Yeshua (Jesus).
We have many similarities with and relate to many houses of prayer around the world.
Through our publishing arm - "Heart of the Psalmist Inc" we produce worship resources for the wider Church. Amongst these resources is music for throne-room worshippers to listen to or music scores to assist muscians reproduce these songs. We also have teaching resources to encourage the Body of Messiah in the three main areas that is the basis of our ministry.
Whether through our Centre for Throne-room Worship or our publishing arm, the basis of our ministry is three interconnected streams—all consistent with the New Testament "restoration of the Tabernacle of David".
- Throne-room Worship (including prophetic worship through various arts and intercession)
- Stand with Israel and reconnect with Hebraic roots
- Healing, wholeness and transformation
1. Throne-Room Worship
We get a glimpse into the worship of heaven in the book of Revelation and a few other key Scriptures. God’s Throne is surrounded by worship 24/7. From the environment of continuous worship, God releases His heart, His Word, His purposes, and His judgements.
Throne-room worshippers seek to:
- Make God our focus. Ensure all praise and worship is to Him and for Him. Bow before Him in awe and give Him the honour and glory He deserves.
- Make His Glory and Presence an intentional priority, and do what is necessary to facilitate these.
- Receive fresh revelation of the Holy One.
- Strengthen their relationship with the Lord to grow in intimacy.
- Be inspired by and learn from the worship of heaven.
- Seek to be led and inspired by the Holy Spirit. Follow the flow of the Holy Spirit—somewhat like a river.
- Ensure our worship on earth is in agreement and alignment with heaven—that His kingdom will come on earth as it is in heaven.
- Take time to wait in His Presence—to be unhurried, to enjoy Him and to Hear what He is saying to us.
- Respond to His voice.
- Be engaged and involved in the worship—rather than being “spectators” who watch or allow others to worship for them.
Spiritual Gifts & Arts
Throne–room worship and intercession is expressed through a combination of the Arts; music, dance, visual banners, prophetic art and prophetic acts.
Each of these components is Scriptural, even though not all are commonly practiced in Churches at this point. All worshippers at Tabernacle of David (T.O.D.) are encouraged to be totally engaged and to exercise the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Many play shofars (or ram’s horns) and some dance before the Lord with banners.
When banners and dance are utilised they lift worship to include the visual dimension. What God is doing in the Spirit realm is made visible and understandable through our five physical and spiritual senses, rather than just the ear gate as is the case in many worship experiences.
Prophetic acts through the visual arts are a Scriptural way to show what the Holy Spirit is saying to us. Many times the Lord asked a prophet to “act out” what He was saying. For example, Jeremiah had to buy a plot of land and then bury the deed to preserve it. This was done to prophesy to Israel that God would soon return them to their own land—and they would have ownership of it.
Harp and Bowl is the combination of prophetic Worship and Intercession based upon Revelation 5:8. This becomes strategic and powerful spiritual warfare for cities and nations. We have many testimonies of miracles and breakthroughs as a result of prolonged throne room worship. Testimonies are from individuals as well as churches—including breakthroughs in regions and critical situations.
2. Stand With Israel & Hebraic Roots
Align with the God of Israel
We worship the God of Israel. As the Body of Messiah we are grafted into the Olive tree – the representation of Israel (Romans 11:11-24). The fullness of prophetic worship is only possible as we connect with God’s heart. God loves Israel. Lovers of God love what He loves. Standing with Israel is important to be rightly aligned with our Lord.
God said to Abraham that He would bless those who bless Israel. (Genesis 12:3) We are asked to pray for the peace of Jerusalem in Psalm 122, but doing so also brings great blessings to us.
Reconnect to Hebraic Roots
Yeshua, Jesus, was a Jew. He grew up in a Jewish family who observed the Feasts and customs of the Old Testament. Jews wrote the Bible, with the exception of Luke. The Bible first documents Jewish history and God’s covenants to them as a people. Yeshua and the Apostles only preached from the “Old Covenant”—as they were busy making history and providing the material for the New Testament. On the day of Pentecost it was Jewish believers who had tongues of fire upon them. Hence the early church began among Jews. Gentiles were added later.
If we are to be grafted into the Olive tree, then re-connecting with our Hebraic roots is not only good sense—it is vital! Discovering how Yeshua fulfils the Feasts and all the laws and Prophets ensures the Scriptures are opened up with profound understanding.
Some of our Hebraic activities
- Ministry trips including 2-3 days of worship in Israel to bring breakthrough.
- Connecting with like-minded ministries in Australia, Asia and Israel.
- Providing friendship and comfort to Orthodox Jewish people in Israel.
- Celebrating the role the ANZACS played in freeing Israel from 400 years of Ottoman Turk rule, paving the way for Israel to become a nation in 1948.
- Financial support to Jewish based ministries.
- Hosting meetings in Australia to support Israel in prayer and finances and to help disseminate the Stand with Israel message while challenging Replacement Theology and anti-Semitism.
3. Transformation Through Healing & Wholeness
In these last days the Holy Spirit is repeatedly calling for the army of God—His Worshipping Warriors—to arise. Yet the army has many wounded soldiers in need of healing. Some of the wounded are “infectious”—needing special care.
Loving God and loving one another is the basis of true worship. But many times God’s love is something we know intellectually but has not yet got down to the core of our heart—often where unhealed wounds are festering away. How many times have we misrepresented God’s love to one another, our families and to the world—resulting in more dissatisfied and wounded people?
Healing, deliverance, wholeness and transformation through the power of the cross, the blood of Jesus and His resurrection power, are core values of T.O.D.
(1 Corinthians 1:18) We value repentance, humility and the ministry of the Holy Spirit as keys to revival and experiencing the Glory of God.
Some of our transformation activities
- Hosting Jack Frost “Embracing Father’s Love” seminar.
- Hosting Elijah House seminars and school.
- Providing a small group environment to share and pray through issues together with transparency and support.
- Deliverance and breakthroughs during times of worship and prayer ministry
- Relevant Bible teaching to encourage believers to remove and renounce all forms of idolatry.
The restoration of the "Tabernacle of David" is as relevant today as it was when the Jewish Apostolic Council grappled with such issues in Acts 15. The fact is, the restoration if the "Tabernacle of David" is prophecy being fulfilled and began as Peter began preaching to Gentiles. Acts 15 tells the story of the difficult issues that can arise when Jewish and Gentile believers in Messiah come together.
How should Jewish and Gentile believers have fellowship in Messiah without breaking the law? Jews were not supposed to eat with or associate with Gentiles. What were these Jewish Apostles doing preaching to the Gentiles? Should Gentile believers be required to be circumcised?
The Apostle James got the revelatory answer from Amos 9 and in Acts 15: 16 & 17 quotes
‘After this I will return And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;
I will rebuild its ruins, And I will set it up;
17 So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name..."
Today this restoration and rebuilding the ruins is gathering momentum right across the globe. Since 1967 when Jerusalem was again in Jewish hands, there has been an acceleration of Jews recongising Yeshua as Messiah. The Holy Spirit is accelerating the joining of Jewish and Gentile believers into the one new man (Epehsians 2) to worship God together.
As more and more Jews recognise Yeshua as their Messiah, how Jew and Gentile relate is again a very relevant discussion.
FEATURES OF TABERNACLES OF DAVID
The features of the Tabernacle of David give an insight into what God is doing in the earth today among both His Jewish and Gentile people.
- ONE NEW MAN When believing Jews and Gentiles are ONE in Jesus the Messiah, a significant unity releases a powerful blessing of God. This is the kingdom Yeshua died for. Regardless of race, culture or traditions, there is ONE body of Messiah. (Ephesians 2,4)
- PROPHETIC King David's life, kingship and worship were all prophetic; all pointing to the life and ministry of Yeshua. In David's Tabernacle, Psalmists were called and appointed to prophesy on their instruments.
- GOVERNMENT King David reigned from the place of God's Presence and Glory. All government and business was influenced by the open heaven created by continual worship. Yeshua sits upon the throne of David, which is in heaven amidst 24/7 worship. When we allow the government to be the shoulders of Jesus, His Kingly authority is released in our midst.
- 24/7 WORSHIP & INTERCESSION King David installed worship choirs or teams in rosters that never stopped praising God. This is a picture of the harp and bowl ministry surrounding God's throne in heaven according to Revelation 5. Today the Lord is riasing up worshipping warriors to minister to the Lord in a similar way. Davidic worship often features the use of prophetic psalmists, singers, shofars, intercessors, banners, tambourines, and dance.
- INTIMACY David's Tabernacle was a tent set up in Jerusalem and all it contained was the ark, representing the Presence and Glory of God. This was prophetic of Yeshua coming to earth to "tabernacle" or dwell in the midst of his people. The ultimate fulfillment is intimacy with the Lord in the throne room in heaven. The writer to the Hebrews says that by the blood of Yeshua we can all enter into the Holy of holies. It is not restricted to the privileged few as it was in the Tabernacle of Moses.
- LIBERTY - SPIRIT & TRUTH David was an extravagant worshipper who danced and played his harp before the Lord without fearing man. David's liberty is a picture of the New Testamen Church worshipping with a true liberty that is only found when in "spirit and truth".
- END TIME HARVEST The Tabernacle of David is the one place that the Lord has said that ALL of mankind will be able to seek Him and find Him. For many reasons, it is God's divine strategy for preaching the gospel and discipling all nations.
- RESTORATION OF THE NATION OF ISRAEL God's purposes for the nation of Israel have not changed. The return of Messiah is totally connected to teh restoration of the Jewish people in their homeland, because He is to sit on the throne of David! Gentile believers have a responsibility to pray for, encourage, comfort and "make jealous" the "natural branches of the olive tree"(Rom 10,11)
- BRIDE The restoration of the Tabernacle of David is a preparation for the return of Yeshua. The Bride (made up of Jew and Gentile believers), makes herself ready and prepares the way of the Lord.The bride will be without spot or wrinkle, hence holiness is not only important, but it is not something that is achieved by works, but by faith in the Word, the blood of the Lamb and the work of the Holy Spirit. All is made ready for the marriage supper of the Lamb.