The restoration of the "Tabernacle of David" is as relevant today as it was when the Jewish Apostolic Council grappled with such issues in Acts 15. The fact is, the restoration if the "Tabernacle of David" is prophecy being fulfilled and began as Peter began preaching to Gentiles. Acts 15 tells the story of the difficult issues that can arise when Jewish and Gentile believers in Messiah come together.
How should Jewish and Gentile believers have fellowship in Messiah without breaking the law? Jews were not supposed to eat with or associate with Gentiles. What were these Jewish Apostles doing preaching to the Gentiles? Should Gentile believers be required to be circumcised?
The Apostle James got the revelatory answer from Amos 9 and in Acts 15: 16 & 17 quotes
‘After this I will return And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;
I will rebuild its ruins, And I will set it up;
17 So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name..."
Today this restoration and rebuilding the ruins is gathering momentum right across the globe. Since 1967 when Jerusalem was again in Jewish hands, there has been an acceleration of Jews recongising Yeshua as Messiah. The Holy Spirit is accelerating the joining of Jewish and Gentile believers into the one new man (Epehsians 2) to worship God together.
As more and more Jews recognise Yeshua as their Messiah, how Jew and Gentile relate is again a very relevant discussion.
FEATURES OF TABERNACLES OF DAVID
The features of the Tabernacle of David give an insight into what God is doing in the earth today among both His Jewish and Gentile people.
- ONE NEW MAN When believing Jews and Gentiles are ONE in Jesus the Messiah, a significant unity releases a powerful blessing of God. This is the kingdom Yeshua died for. Regardless of race, culture or traditions, there is ONE body of Messiah. (Ephesians 2,4)
- PROPHETIC King David's life, kingship and worship were all prophetic; all pointing to the life and ministry of Yeshua. In David's Tabernacle, Psalmists were called and appointed to prophesy on their instruments.
- GOVERNMENT King David reigned from the place of God's Presence and Glory. All government and business was influenced by the open heaven created by continual worship. Yeshua sits upon the throne of David, which is in heaven amidst 24/7 worship. When we allow the government to be the shoulders of Jesus, His Kingly authority is released in our midst.
- 24/7 WORSHIP & INTERCESSION King David installed worship choirs or teams in rosters that never stopped praising God. This is a picture of the harp and bowl ministry surrounding God's throne in heaven according to Revelation 5. Today the Lord is riasing up worshipping warriors to minister to the Lord in a similar way. Davidic worship often features the use of prophetic psalmists, singers, shofars, intercessors, banners, tambourines, and dance.
- INTIMACY David's Tabernacle was a tent set up in Jerusalem and all it contained was the ark, representing the Presence and Glory of God. This was prophetic of Yeshua coming to earth to "tabernacle" or dwell in the midst of his people. The ultimate fulfillment is intimacy with the Lord in the throne room in heaven. The writer to the Hebrews says that by the blood of Yeshua we can all enter into the Holy of holies. It is not restricted to the privileged few as it was in the Tabernacle of Moses.
- LIBERTY - SPIRIT & TRUTH David was an extravagant worshipper who danced and played his harp before the Lord without fearing man. David's liberty is a picture of the New Testamen Church worshipping with a true liberty that is only found when in "spirit and truth".
- END TIME HARVEST The Tabernacle of David is the one place that the Lord has said that ALL of mankind will be able to seek Him and find Him. For many reasons, it is God's divine strategy for preaching the gospel and discipling all nations.
- RESTORATION OF THE NATION OF ISRAEL God's purposes for the nation of Israel have not changed. The return of Messiah is totally connected to teh restoration of the Jewish people in their homeland, because He is to sit on the throne of David! Gentile believers have a responsibility to pray for, encourage, comfort and "make jealous" the "natural branches of the olive tree"(Rom 10,11)
- BRIDE The restoration of the Tabernacle of David is a preparation for the return of Yeshua. The Bride (made up of Jew and Gentile believers), makes herself ready and prepares the way of the Lord.The bride will be without spot or wrinkle, hence holiness is not only important, but it is not something that is achieved by works, but by faith in the Word, the blood of the Lamb and the work of the Holy Spirit. All is made ready for the marriage supper of the Lamb.
(c) 2016 Ruth Webb